Monday, January 24, 2022

Fw: Ref.: (LML) Median nerve damage in leprosy

Sent: 24 January 2022 16:14
To: Leprosy Mailing List <leprosymailinglist@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Ref.: (LML) Median nerve damage in leprosy

Leprosy Mailing List – January 24,  2022

Ref.:  (LML) Median nerve damage in leprosy

From:  Arry Pongtiku, Papua, Indonesia

Dear Pieter,

The photo from Dr Noto and discussion, I would also say atrophy of the palm muscles, scars from burns of the skin of the fingers, contracture of fingers means it is late and  nerve damaged already and usually poor prognosis. Self Care and prednisolone  treatment may  work effectively to survive the nerves  before 6 months  or during leprosy reaction. Filling POD (Prevention of Disability) form is important for  leprosy health workers to detect the weakness and deformity of nerves.

I would  add some photos about weak fingers, hand and self care exercise.

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Arry Pongtiku,

Papua- Indonesia

LML - S Deepak, B Naafs, S Noto and P Schreuder

Contact: Dr Pieter Schreuder << editorlml@gmail.com

--

No comments: