Monday, June 30, 2008

“Mnemonics” in leprosy

Leprosy Mailing List, June 15th, 2008

Ref.: “Mnemonics” in leprosy
From: Al Aboud K., Mecca, Saudi Arabia

Dear Dr Noto,

Mnemonics are important educational tools. An example for it is reported below.
Cardinal signs of leprosy
"LEProsy":
L: Loss of sensation in affected skin / Loss of function in affected nerves;
E: Enlargement of affected superficial nerves (they may be tender too);
P: Positive identification of M. leprae under microscope.

I am trying to compile a list of available mnemonics in leprosy. I was thinking to utilize the LML, to gather as much as I can from my colleagues in LML. Looking forward to your and other LML members comments.

With my thanks and regards,

Sincerely,

Dr Khalid Al Aboud
Medical Director and Consultant Dermatologist
King Faisal Hospital ,
P.O Box 5592
Makkah
Saudi Arabia
Tel 0096625566411 ext 6666
Fax 0096625563523
E-mail alaboudkhalid@yahoo.ca

No comments: