Leprosy Mailing List – February 28, 2016
Ref.: (LML) 19th International Leprosy Congress Beijing 2016
From: Helen Roberts, West Bengal, India
With reference to the request by Dr. Ben Naafs (February 4, 2016) regarding topics for the “Workshop on Clinical Leprosy” during the coming ILC Beijing 2016, I would like to propose the following questions:
1. The cardinal signs of Leprosy for diagnosis needs revision?
- Skin smear is not at primary health level.
- Many present with sudden onset of weakness/paralysis with no nerve pain.
- Diffuse infiltration with absence of areas of anesthesia can go undiagnosed for a longtime till they develop visible deformity.
2. Most patients develop deformities after completing fixed MDT: Follow up mechanisms for prevention of deformity to be clearly spelt, especially those at high risk.
Dr. Helen Roberts
LML - S Deepak, B Naafs, S Noto and P Schreuder
LML blog link: http://leprosymailinglist.blogspot.it/
Contact: Dr Pieter Schreuder << firstname.lastname@example.org
|Dit e-mailbericht is verzonden vanaf een virusvrije computer die wordt beschermd door Avast. |