Monday, March 24, 2014

(LML) Effectiveness of sensory re-education in leprosy

Leprosy Mailing List – March 24 ,  2014 

Ref.:     (LML)  Effectiveness of sensory re-education in leprosy

From:  Dinkar D. Palande, Pondicherry, India


 

Dear Pieter,

 

I have seen this correspondence recently as I was away from Pondy. I am glad to see his (Kartikeya, LML March 15, 2014)  interest in this subject. I look forward to his reply to the observations of Robert Jerskey (LML March 16, 2014).

 

In the meantime I would like to encourage him in this difficult field of nerve recovery.

I have used extensively sensory re-orientation in nerve recovery after trauma and repair, after nerve excision and grafting in leprosy as also in nerve recovery especially after nerve decompression in leprosy. I have not published since many others starting with Wyn Parry have done lot of work on this topic.

 

What particularly interests me is his mention of altered perception. That does occur and there are many reasons for that in Leprosy. Here also sensory reorientation will help for basically that is retraining of the cognitive function. Purposive movements with a feedback are the key to recovery.

 

 

Kind regards

 

Dinkar D. Palande

 

 


LML - S Deepak, B Naafs, S Noto and P Schreuder

LML blog link: http://leprosymailinglist.blogspot.it/

Contact: Dr Pieter Schreuder << editorlml@gmail.com




This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.


No comments: