Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Fw: Ref.: (LML) In Memoriam Dr. William Felton Ross


 
Leprosy Mailing List – March 16,  2022

 

Ref.:  (LML) In Memoriam Dr. William Felton Ross

 

From:  Ben Naafs, Munnekeburen, the Netherlands

 

 

Dear Pieter,

 

 

It was in 1973 that Dick Leiker recruited me to help to restart leprosy research in Alupe Kenya. However, having only seen a few patients in the Netherlands he sent me to ALERT in Ethiopia to be trained in Leprosy. There I was welcomed by Felton Ross. He showed me the real impact of leprosy on patients and society, and how to examine the patients with a special emphasis on their nerves. He taught me how to teach and encouraged me to do research.

He was a special person, very warm-hearted and interested in the person, irrespective of any race, sex or belief, though he had strong convictions himself in the latter aspect. He was the one who kept me at ALERT and in a way gave direction to my life. When we had left ALERT, I met him regularly and many who have been influenced by him. With his passing away a great man has gone.  

 

Ben


LML - S Deepak, B Naafs, S Noto and P Schreuder

LML blog link: http://leprosymailinglist.blogspot.it/

Contact: Dr Pieter Schreuder << editorlml@gmail.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Leprosy Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to leprosymailinglist+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/leprosymailinglist/e79609d3-e52d-4e7a-8037-899a058f532cn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: