Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A case of ENL complicated by a severe form of chicken pox

Leprosy Mailing List – March 19th, 2011

Ref:    A case of ENL complicated by a severe form of chicken pox (?)
From: Salafia A, Mumbai, India

 Dear Salvatore,
Herewith are further developments on the case I reported earlier.
1.
So far i do not have any written report from any doctor from Kasturba hospital as to the diagnosis: verbally I have been told "chicken pox".
2.
The girl has been shifted to a Medical College and a series of blood tests (I do not know which) have been done; no reports available.
3.
Hence my suspicion that it is not a clear and cut case of chicken pox; if it were, I do not see the need for more blood tests, now that the girl is "clinically" cured.
4.
One of our sisters took some photos of the girl before she was shifted to Kasturba hospital; they are not that good, but magnification will help (see powerpoint attachment); at that time the lesions were all over the body, including face, hands and feet.
5.
I would like, and be grateful, for any comments on these photos. Is it chicken pox?
Thanks to you and all the contributors.

Antonio

No comments: