Saturday, December 7, 2019

FW: (LML) Identification of authors of LML postings


 

Leprosy Mailing List – December 7,  2019

Ref.:   (LML)  Identification of authors of LML postings

From:  Sunil Deepak, Assam, India


 

Dear Pieter and colleagues,

 

I understand Richard's point (LML, December 3, 2019), and it made me think. I am sharing a few points which came to my mind.

 

1.    Personally, I feel a kind of embarrassed about writing my qualifications and previous roles in my emails - it feels like showing off. It was ok to write "head of department" when I was working but after my retirement, I feel a little shy. I think that it is very much related to way I was brought up, and I know that most persons do not see it that way. 

 

2.    Some times persons write their personal views about an issue, which may be different from their official positions or of their organisations, and they may not like to give their official roles in such messages.

 

3.    If a person is a non-medical supervisor in leprosy or a medical student, would their opinions be seen as less important compared to those of a doctor or a head of department? 

 

Summarising: yes, it will be good if people can share some background, in way with which they are comfortable.

 

Warm regards,

 

Sunil


Dr Sunil Deepak studied medicine in India. His other studies were in leprosy control, epidemiology and a master degree in disability studies. He is head of the north-east regional office of Mobility India in Guwahati (Assam, India)


LML - S Deepak, B Naafs, S Noto and P Schreuder

LML blog link: http://leprosymailinglist.blogspot.it/

Contact: Dr Pieter Schreuder << editorlml@gmail.com

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Leprosy Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to leprosymailinglist+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/leprosymailinglist/08689c47-6f99-4cef-978e-e1954067512b%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: