Monday, March 8, 2021

Fw: (LML) d.d. pure neuritic leprosy and diabetic neuropathy

Leprosy Mailing List – March 8,  2021

Ref.:  (LML) d.d. pure neuritic leprosy and diabetic neuropathy

From:  James Wilton, Maine, USA

Dear colleagues,

Interesting question from Dr. G.Suryanarayan Rao (LML, February 13, 2021)! Responses from Dr. Theuvenet (LML, February 14, 2021), Ben Naafs (February 15, 2021) and Joel Almeida (LML, February 15, 2021)

I agree with Dr Theuvenet. We have been performing neuroplasties of the medial, ulnar, tibial and common peroneal nerves for 20 years in the Hansens population in South America with fantastic, long acting results with elimination of limb pain, restoration of sensation and increase of limb motor function. These results are in parallel with the diabetic population we treat in the United States.

Dr. James Wilton.

Contact: Dr Pieter Schreuder << editorlml@gmail.com

Reference:

Nerve decompression for leprous neuropathy: A prospective study from Ecuador by ERIC L. WAN, JONATHAN NOBOA, PABLO A. BALTODANO, RENATO MARTINEZ JOUSIN, WILLIAM B. ERICSON, JAMES P. WILTON, GEDGE D. ROSSON & A. LEE DELLON. Lepr Rev (2017) 88, 95–108

Sent: 08 March 2021 15:57
To: Leprosy Mailing List <leprosymailinglist@googlegroups.com>
Subject: (LML) d.d. pure neuritic leprosy and diabetic neuropathy