Monday, June 22, 2015

(LML) What every Indian should know about leprosy

Leprosy Mailing List – June 22,  2015

Ref.:    (LML) What every Indian should know about leprosy

From:  Grace Warren, Sidney, Australia


Dear Dr Pieter.,

I must convey my thanks to Dr Joel for writing this article (LML, 22-06-2015).   I must confess I had never heard of DALYs. And I suspect that lots of others have not either. This is the problem with so much written material. It gets into hands that do not know what is being spoken about.  It is all very well doing research but what comes out needs to be easily useable to help save others from deformity and discrimination.

Long after WHO said she was "cured" she developed disabilities. It is fascinating as I have literally seen hundreds of these. Many with obvious neuritic leprosy who were told it is not leprosy because there is no anaesthetic skin patch!  But the enlarged nerves are easily felt in the right distribution.

 

We need methods of survey and/or care to pick up the early cases, before they are deformed and of keeping them under observation so they do not go like Rani.  No I do not have suggestions as to how to do it, but I am sure there are those who do.

 

Please may we find adequate methods to eventually eliminate this disease.

 

   Grace   Warren

 


LML - S Deepak, B Naafs, S Noto and P Schreuder

LML blog link: http://leprosymailinglist.blogspot.it/

Contact: Dr Pieter Schreuder << editorlml@gmail.com

 




Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com


No comments: